So I have decided to test a few common material to find out what I should use to make a large wall white board. Should have pictures in the next day or so. Also investigating cost, with a goal of 3'x4' or loarger.
- Whiteboard: $51.88 for 3'x4' from Quartet (http://canada.ibuyofficesupply.com/Prod ... 32347.aspx)
- Paint on products like http://www.rustoleum.com/cbgproduct.asp?pid=128 for ~$5.25/sqft.
- Corrugated Plastic/Plaskolite: $22.02/4'x8' sheet - Untested
- Acrylic/Poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)/Plexiglas: $91.5/3'x6' - Stains instantly (tested with "Plexiglas" other formulas may be better.)
- Polycarbonate: $130/3'x6' - Untested
Other materials, usable for smaller sizes:
- Ziploc Bag ~$0.1/sqft (can make quick cheap small whteboards) - !!!Works surprisingly well!!!
- Glass: $5/pair of 20"x16" (found some cheap picture frames, should be good to put on the back of doors etc.) - Also works incredibly well but is not cheap in large sizes.
Edit: Thanks to Bergo for finding the quartet boards.