Solder my stuff for money!

Saskatoon Techworks, and it's moderators/staff are not responsible for anything that is traded, sold, stolen, not payed for, or anything else that happens in this section. If you choose to trade or buy from anyone on this forum you do so at your own risk. Please use good judgment and common sense when you enter this section. There are lots of good people in the world but there are just as many or more that would just as soon rip you off. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!
FingerTech

Solder my stuff for money!

Post by FingerTech » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:04 pm

So I sell these tinyESCs. I have run out and will be doing a redesign, but I have about 60 here that don't work. I think almost all can be made to work by replacing or even just re-soldering the h-bridge chip.

Problem is, it's a QFN16 which has the tiny little pads under the chip, so it requires solder paste and a hot air rework station (I have these things) and patience (I ran out of this). Sometimes I've had to re-solder the chip a few times before it's lined up right.

If someone wants to do the work, I can pay $10 for each repaired esc and supply with the ICs, rework station and solder paste. Any takers?

Bergo

Re: Solder my stuff for money!

Post by Bergo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:01 pm

sure, I'd give it a shot if you'd like.

Odemia

Post by Odemia » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:30 am

Bergo want/need help let me know. I have been thinking about getting a hot air rework station and would be interested in working with one before I buy.

FingerTech

Post by FingerTech » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:22 pm

I'll bring everything to the space Sunday.
Here is a good video on hot air reworking. He doesn't even use solder paste.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Qt5CtUlqY