Free equipment from ENTS (Edmonton Hackerspace)

Saskatoon Techworks, and it's moderators/staff are not responsible for anything that is traded, sold, stolen, not payed for, or anything else that happens in this section. If you choose to trade or buy from anyone on this forum you do so at your own risk. Please use good judgment and common sense when you enter this section. There are lots of good people in the world but there are just as many or more that would just as soon rip you off. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!
mattf

Free equipment from ENTS (Edmonton Hackerspace)

Post by mattf » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:03 am

ENTS received a large donation of used electronics instrumentation and components. Michael Kulpa called me and asked if SKTW might be interested in some of the equipment, and so I'm posting it here. From the pictures it looks like quality older equipment, but may still be useful.

You can see pics of some of the equipment here:
https://www.facebook.com/E.Hackerspace/ ... 7744992900

and here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/10855450 ... 1333049473

They also received loads of components. Michael did say so explicitly, but I suspect some of those would be up for grabs also.

If SKTW would like anything, let me know, or contact ENTS directory (directors@ents.ca)

-Matt

JamesCooper

Re: Free equipment from ENTS (Edmonton Hackerspace)

Post by JamesCooper » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:19 pm

If they have a logic analyzer to spare, we could certainly use one. A bench supply would be great too. I think we're fine for oscilloscopes at the moment.

mattf

Post by mattf » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 am

Scott has requested a signal generator and a bench power supply

jmeier

Post by jmeier » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:07 am

Has there been any news on this topic? I could have used a good logic analyser a few weeks ago myself.

On the subject of equipment donations, have we ever tried contacting business or schools(UofS & Siast) to request their discards?

Kaldonis

Post by Kaldonis » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:48 pm

jmeier wrote:Has there been any news on this topic? I could have used a good logic analyser a few weeks ago myself.

On the subject of equipment donations, have we ever tried contacting business or schools(UofS & Siast) to request their discards?
We are on the UofS surplus list. As I understand it, they have a ton of stuff to give away but they just haven't quite got the system in place for how they're going to do it. Last I heard from them was 2 years ago or so, I should probably check in again.