Introduce Yourself

Discussions on anything related to the evolving idea of Saskatoon's first "makerspace". What is a makerspace to you? What should it be called? What's the charter?
DigitalOSH

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by DigitalOSH » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:50 pm

Hey Ramin, look forward to meeting you!

shaeffer

Post by shaeffer » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Hey, this is Shane; nice meeting you all!
I sent out the word about the space on ye olde twittar and google plusse.

FingerTech

Post by FingerTech » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Hey Shane! Hope to see more of you at the space. Make sure you bring lots of people to the open house!

Arcanas

Post by Arcanas » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:48 pm

My name is Jason, though most people call me Jigs. Just found out about the group yesterday, though I didn't catch the name of the fine lad who picked up my dust collection system :)

Hoping to find my way to the workspace sometime soon to check it out! :)
Jigs /=S=/

DigitalOSH

Post by DigitalOSH » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Awesome! Come see us some time!

Bergo

Post by Bergo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:39 am

Arcanas wrote:My name is Jason, though most people call me Jigs. Just found out about the group yesterday, though I didn't catch the name of the fine lad who picked up my dust collection system :)

Hoping to find my way to the workspace sometime soon to check it out! :)
Hi, great to see you stop by, I'm pretty sure some people were interested in those cabinets I saw in your garage :)

My name is Andrew by the way, was a pleasure meeting you.

Already got the dust collection installed:

epoch19

Post by epoch19 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Hey All, I'm John. Just found out that there was a hacker space in Saskatoon and I'm really excited about getting there and meeting everyone.

A little about me:
I'm a Electronics Engineering Technologist. Through work I've dabbled in a lot of different technologies such as radio (RF), Satellite comms, Fibre optics, POTS and some networking.
Mostly at home I do small electronics and build my computers. And for some reason I have a fascination with old display tubes such as Nixies, Dekatrons, VFD and magic eyes.
One project that I was working on and was nearing operational completion was an analog theremin. But I recently moved so most of my equipment and projects are still in boxes.

On a side note I do enjoy a good anime.

Odemia

Post by Odemia » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:32 pm

Welcome, John.

Just saw your post in the IRC, was about 30 minutes too late. Changed some stuff around recently and seems to be a common issue people looking in About Us and Contact Us for where we are located. We should really add that info in.

Anyways, we are in the basement below Collective coffee in the 220 on 20th St. Check the http://newwiki.sktechworks.ca/doku.php?id=start%20wiki there is a link there to google maps/street view there. I will be down there this evening around 7, I'll put a sign up with a number to call and I will come up and open the door.

epoch19

Post by epoch19 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Thanks Odemia, I actually popped in earlier today and met James. He graciously showed me the ropes. I'll shoot you a message on IRC in case you are waiting up for me.

erikk

Post by erikk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:29 pm

My name is erik, found out about you guys from bergo because he posted a picture of a quadcopter on 306motorclub.com that I had also attempted to build and failed. Planning on checking out what kind of a setup you guys have at your meeting tomorrow, maybe see if someone can give me a hand getting my quad in the air. I also have a projector that isnt working, if theres an easy fix I might lend it to the group for a bit if I get a membership, since I saw thats on your equipment wishlist.