Introduce Yourself

Discussions on anything related to the evolving idea of Saskatoon's first "makerspace". What is a makerspace to you? What should it be called? What's the charter?
JordanAntonovitch

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by JordanAntonovitch » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:34 am

Hi, I'm Jordan I heard about techworks in an article in bridges awhile ago and have wanted to check it out . A little bit about me i have been in the trades for a while so i have background in welding, mig on steel and aluminum and i am learning to tig, rebuilding electric motors and gearboxes, a bit of machining mostly bigger projects.

hobby wise i like tinkering, making custom parts for snowmobiles and motorcycles. i have now started with electronics projects i just built an objective 2 headphone amp and it made me want to do more. i want to learn about electronics design, a bit of programming and how to use cnc tools. I eventually want to build my own cnc router/engraver.

Right now im living in an apartment so having access to a place that i can do work in is gonna be pretty awesome

Kaldonis

Post by Kaldonis » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:56 pm

JordanAntonovitch wrote:Hi, I'm Jordan I heard about techworks in an article in bridges awhile ago and have wanted to check it out . A little bit about me i have been in the trades for a while so i have background in welding, mig on steel and aluminum and i am learning to tig, rebuilding electric motors and gearboxes, a bit of machining mostly bigger projects.

hobby wise i like tinkering, making custom parts for snowmobiles and motorcycles. i have now started with electronics projects i just built an objective 2 headphone amp and it made me want to do more. i want to learn about electronics design, a bit of programming and how to use cnc tools. I eventually want to build my own cnc router/engraver.

Right now im living in an apartment so having access to a place that i can do work in is gonna be pretty awesome
Welcome, Jordan! For those of you who don't know, Jordan is our newest associate member (as of last Tuesday).

JordanAntonovitch

Post by JordanAntonovitch » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:34 pm

thanks, i cant wait till tuesday and the pcb workshop

petros

Post by petros » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Peter Frederiksen. Some of you might know me from my years working at Hobbyworld. I'm sure I'll recognize a few of you. I'm a CAD/CAM grad with a keen interest in manufacturing. I'm somewhat of an automobile, hobby and computer guy wrapped in a light danish pastry. I've done my share of CNC milling, plastic part casting, sheet metal design, and anything hobby store related. I also enjoy funny pictures of cats on the internet.

FingerTech

Post by FingerTech » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:33 am

I also enjoy funny pictures of cats on the internet.
Then you'll love this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=142&hilit=bargain#p716
8-)

todd

Post by todd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Hello, some of you may know me through Bergo, my names Todd. Bergo introduced me to TechWorks some time back and I did not take the opportunity to join up then as my hobby list mostly included off-roading. I have become quite interested in some of the recent projects TechWorks has influenced and more specifically have become fascinated with CNC machining in relation to vinyl cutting, even though I am completely new to it.
Thanks for having me aboard and I look forward to meeting/working with you in the near future.

Bergo

Post by Bergo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:52 pm

todd stinks.

Hi.

Get back to work Todd, you're on the clock.

guppy

Post by guppy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Jeff Fisher aka guppy on IRC.

I'm a remote SKTechWorks member (from Regina); however, I plan to make at least yearly trips to the space!

Kaldonis

Post by Kaldonis » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:48 pm

guppy wrote:I plan to make at least yearly trips to the space!
Totally worth $600/year.