Introduce Yourself

Discussions on anything related to the evolving idea of Saskatoon's first "makerspace". What is a makerspace to you? What should it be called? What's the charter?
Jay3ple_

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Jay3ple_ » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Gah. I was looking at the wrong date, I didn't see that I was fixating my eyes on the Joined date. You know you need sleep when..
Only those that risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.

JamesCooper

Post by JamesCooper » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:30 am

Welcome aboard, Jay! If you're into programming and mechanisms, you've come to the right place. Look forward to seeing you tonight at the meeting.

DigitalOSH

Post by DigitalOSH » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:25 am

Welcome aboard indeed!

Jay3ple_

Post by Jay3ple_ » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 am

Thank you all. Though I'm kinda undecided about the high fee, I'll definitely check out the space later. I'll see you guys around.
Only those that risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.

Icars

Post by Icars » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:06 am

Hi I'm Jason Coutu, also known as Icars.

I heard about tech works from ryan and james, and I'd been putting off checking out the space because I was a bit busy. It looks like my fall is going to be a bit more normal so I'll have some project time.

I'm a CS grad and amateur wood worker. I've done lots of house hold renovations, but very few small projects. As such, I know my way around larger power tools but I'm pretty useless with smaller stuff. That said I'm also an avid RC aircraft buff.

I'm looking to get into some AVR programming and general circuit/device design.

Conrad_Turbo

Post by Conrad_Turbo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:15 pm

My name is Conrad and I came across this forum through Bergo, we've never actually met but I know him through another forum. I am interested in meeting up with people that have Mach3 CAM experience and with DIY CNC project experience. As for myself I dabble in the mechanical field the majority of the time, I also have built a few electronic circuits and have done some very basic programming. My wife and I are expecting a baby, the eta as of right now is 2 days. :D

I have many projects on the go and am quite stretched thin (and will be even more with our first child), but my reason for joining is to contribute my mechanical skills for electronics and CAM experience. I plan on building a CNC machining station with re-configuring/reusing some high precision servo drives that I salvaged from an X-ray machine. I have enough for the 3 axis' and a few extra for spare parts. :D

Drudd

Post by Drudd » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:59 pm

WAVE...
hey all .. its Me Douglas.. for some you you we met on Tues.. I am really looking forward to working on mine and helping with the other projects..

rsilk

Post by rsilk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi Douglas, it was good to meet you!

ramin

Post by ramin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi
I am ramin, a computer & electronic engineer, (honestly i dont know anything), like to check out the cool CNC with travis, an robotic geek, next tuesday.

DigitalOSH

Post by DigitalOSH » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:50 pm

Hey Ramin, look forward to meeting you!