Here are the Membership Definitions of ATX (Texas) Hackerspace. We can use them as a start if we agree with the definitions, or modify as we see fit.
It seems they give keycards to both Stakeholders and associates. We thought this may be too many keys floating around so might want to limit it to just stakeholders. Prices seem high for stakeholders too.
* Access to Wifi, Lounge, and Classroom during Open House (When a Stakeholder is present).
* Code, relax, work on projects, meet other hackers.
* May attend events/classes at full cost.
* May purchase materials at full cost.
* Use of tools that require no supervision or training.
* $25/mo - $40/mo : Sliding scale. Pay what you can afford, support the Hackerspace.
* 24/7 access to the space (keycard and alarm code).
* Two guests, as long as you are physically present at the space with them.
* @atxhackerspace.com email account + virtual host on one of our servers.
* Small amount of personal storage space (banker box).
* Access to locked storage (First come, first serve).
* Access to tools and heavy machinery (after requisite training courses are completed).
* Access to stocked material at a discount.
* Use of metered tools at a discount.
* Voting rights to weekly, quarterly, annual, and emergency meetings.
* Eligible to become the Member-at-Large on the Board of Directors.
* Everything else available to a visitor.
* Responsible for opening/locking up the space during public hours.
* Responsible for on-site locked storage service.
* 4U of rack space for your own servers, or 1 medium tower PC.
* Schedule and teach classes. (Stakeholders may charge a fee for teaching classes.)
* Schedule, host, and organize events.
* Host large tools at the space, pending membership approval.
* Free locked storage on-site.
* Everything else available to an associate.
Are there other groups with definitions posted? We can pick and choose and discuss and modify.