Quadruped Body

thesaxmachine

Quadruped Body

Post by thesaxmachine » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:33 am

Waiting for hardware for more Quadcopters. So I decided to start another project :D .

Jig for milling aluminum

new aluminum leg pieces

thesaxmachine

Re: Quadruped Body

Post by thesaxmachine » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Kaldonis

Post by Kaldonis » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Is it working? Video plz!

rylangrayston

Post by rylangrayston » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:41 pm

If you still have this thing id be really intrested in modleing and animateing it in blender and then writeing a simple script to get it to
act / do the same thing its animation dose in blender.

thesaxmachine

Post by thesaxmachine » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 am

Yup yup it is still together somewhere. I can fire off the cad files for blenderization. You might have to measure the servo to get its dimensions.

rylangrayston

Post by rylangrayston » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Ok great ... actually Im not sure how well ill do in getting a cad file in to blender... last time I tried I failed.

perhaps just give me the blue prints ...orthographic jpgs with dimensions?

I have this hole idea about a new( iv never seen it before) way to make moves...

Basically you animate in 3d then get a robotic version of you character to act out each frame of the animation and take a pic of each frame.

This process would have some interesting advantages.....

1 you get the efficiency of key framing, and much more but in real life objects.
2 You skip the hole process of trying to make your renders look real with things like ray tracing.
3 You can make the robotic characters apear to move with extreem speed and fluidity( although as robots can do this for cheaper live performances could be done)
4 you could have extreemly interesting lighting .. for each frame many pictures could be taken with different lights turning on and off and masking for this lighting would be
Im sure thats nothing new but because every thing is also done in 3d making complex masking arrangements for each lighting frame could easily be automated.
5. You could to Attribute scrubbing ( that’s another idea of mine ... I wont explain it here tho)

Ive made a new form topic for this project, as others may be interested:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=456
My brother is excited about coming to film a test of the robot walking more fluidly that it can in real life.