Computer Science Students' Society Career Fair - Feb 12 2013

Kaldonis

Computer Science Students' Society Career Fair - Feb 12 2013

Post by Kaldonis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:22 am

So I've signed us up for the CSSS Career Fair on Feb 12. I'll admit it's a bit odd for us to be at a career fair, but I think it will be a good opportunity to let upcoming grads (not to mention CS faculty) know about us. Also, we can plug the group as looking good on a resume.

We get an 8' table to set up on so it's quite a small booth, so any more than 2 people will probably be crowded. I'll be going and would like one other person to join me - you guys can fight over it. :)

I think it makes the most sense to show off some of our more programming-heavy projects, since these are mainly programmers, but things like quadcopters are always a crowd pleaser. The things that come to mind are TouchCNC (Al, can I borrow the Sherline?), sumo bots (Al, can we borrow your sumo bots?), and maybe one other thing... I just can't think of what right now. Ideas? We can give away a useless machine too (I don't think selling raffle tickets is appropriate for such a small prize).

Kaldonis

Re: Computer Science Students' Society Career Fair - Feb 12

Post by Kaldonis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 am

Oh yeah, we can probably have a 30 minute presentation slot, if we want one... We could use it for some of our bigger demos, or just to talk about the club and answer questions. We would just need to decide fairly quickly if we want one or not as spots are filling up.

JamesCooper

Post by JamesCooper » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 am

I'll join you. TouchCNC sounds like a great idea. Sumos too. I can bring a quad and explain the programming possibilities there. Could also bring my multicolor LED thing and explain what I've done and what I plan to do.

Kaldonis

Post by Kaldonis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Alright, sounds good. There won't be a ton of room to fly, but we might be able to do a couple of demos in the CS lounge.