April 28th - TwoTwenty Party and Art Reception

Discussions on anything related to the evolving idea of Saskatoon's first "makerspace". What is a makerspace to you? What should it be called? What's the charter?
FingerTech

April 28th - TwoTwenty Party and Art Reception

Post by FingerTech » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:41 pm

I have been speaking with Carrie Catherine about the Stall's art show that is being held at The Two Twenty on April 28th.
Basically, we're planning a big art reception/party as a collaboration with Stall Gallery, who is now hanging their works throughout the Two Twenty. The featured artist has a whole series on vintage toys--paintings of the classic pull toys, record players, robots, etc. that is totally nostalgic for a 30-45 year old audience. We thought it would be great to have a "toy" room that is a bit more playful. And I thought it would be great to have Techworks involved!

The party will take place on April 28 and will include the Den, the lobby, cafe, and co-working space. We'll also have artist performances, a couple bars and some food. Let me know if Techworks would like to be involved!
I asked for a little more detail on what she wants from us;
The visual artist whose work will be featured has a whole series on old toys. This series will be featured in Collective coffee. So taking from this theme, we're going to decorate the cafe with old toys and games evoking a really child-like atmosphere. Any chance Techworks would bring some robots to roam Collective coffee and out front as people enter the building? I think the robots you had out at our grand opening would be great.

The party starts at 7pm--so if the robots were around from 7-9 or so, that would be great. Let me know if you need more details and what you think! We'd love to have you involved.
The only robot we had out at the grand opening was my mecanum robot that Albert was driving around. I get the feeling they would be thrilled to have anything at all. Take an R/C car and put a couple cardboard boxes on top to look like a robot - success! So does anyone have something they can bring? Let me know and I'll pass it on.