Bamboo Shoots wants to do a story on us!

Discussions on anything related to the evolving idea of Saskatoon's first "makerspace". What is a makerspace to you? What should it be called? What's the charter?
Kaldonis

Bamboo Shoots wants to do a story on us!

Post by Kaldonis » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:02 am

I'll just paste the messages so far below:

================================================
Hi Jeremy,

I work for a production company called Bamboo Shoots and am producing a TV show for SaskTel Max Local on Demand (channel 48). I'd love to include a story on TechWorks. Looks like the timing would be cool, considering your new location. I'd do an interview with a member (or two) & get some footage of the new location & stuff you do. I'd like to shoot some time in the next 4-5 days, so if you have an hour or two free and are up for it, please let me know. Thanks and bye for now!

Jackie Kripki
Hi Jackie,

We are very interested! The timing is a little bit tight as we're just starting to move equipment over, but that should be mostly completed by the end of the long weekend.

Could Tuesday evening work for you? We normally have our monthly meetings on the second Tuesday of the month so there will be a good number of people there. We can pause the meeting to do interviews & show you some of the things we do.

Let me know! If evenings are out of the question for whatever reason then we can possibly arrange something during the day, but since all of our members have day jobs it would probably only be two or three that would be able make it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

So, assuming Tuesday evening is going to work for her, we have a lot of work ahead of us as far as moving and getting the space ready. Please sign up for helping move on the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=441

Kaldonis

Re: Bamboo Shoots wants to do a story on us!

Post by Kaldonis » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:08 am

OK, we're on for Tuesday! No backing out now. Her message is below. I'm going to tell her 7:30.

Hey Jeremy,

That is absolutely perfect.

I can make Tuesday night work for our schedule.

Yahoo! I've wanted to do a story on you guys since the opening of the Two Twenty so this is going to be fun.

Please let me know the time and location for Tuesday and I'll be there!

Bye for now,

Jackie