Rusholme road location

Any completed polls or threads that lead to a decision will be placed here. All threads will be locked and uneditable

Should we go for the rusholme location

Poll ended at Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:40 am

Yes, let's get into a space and drive up membership
100%
No, let's take wait to find something we can afford
No votes
Let's consider this a fallback plan and look for something better
No votes

Total votes: 5

DigitalOSH

Rusholme road location

Post by DigitalOSH » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:35 am

In case you missed the meeting, here is what we have come up with. There is a space located at the corner of rusholme road and avenue I which seems really appealing to us. The members at the meeting unanimously voted that we should try to lease the space. Here is the space in question:

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-housing-co ... Z272431453

The only implication is that this space is going to cost us more than we can afford with our current membership. With the reserves we have in the bank we can last 10 months with our current membership, but the idea here is to do a membership drive and really make this place work.

Voting eligibility:
The vote will be open for 48 hours (12:40 am Friday). You may only vote once and you may not change your vote. Only paying members may vote.

IF YOU ARE A PAYING MEMBER AND STILL CAN'T VOTE PLEASE MENTION THAT BELOW SO YOUR VOTE CAN BE COUNTED

Kaldonis

Re: Rusholme road location

Post by Kaldonis » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:13 am

I'm not sure I understand the point of this poll if the membership has already voted unanimously to lease the space and do a membership drive? Seems like we are just wasting time and risking losing the space to someone else. Anyways, the poll doesn't work for me but I vote for the first option.

ADDandy

Post by ADDandy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:11 am

i cannot vote, but i vote yes.

DigitalOSH

Post by DigitalOSH » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:28 am

Kaldonis: This is probably one of the most important decisions we've made yet, and we need to make sure all the paying membership has their vote.

Kaldonis

Post by Kaldonis » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:29 am

DigitalOSH: I disagree... A majority already voted yes on the issue, so any further votes are pointless. Even if every single paying member that was not at the meeting votes no, there will still be a majority voting yes. Or are we saying that this issue requires 100% agreement from the membership?

DigitalOSH

Post by DigitalOSH » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Kaldonis: Not at all, but if the rest of the membership decides to vote against this location we may want to rethink it, as we may lose paying members. Also, everyone who PAYS to have a chance to vote, MUST have a chance to vote.

Kaldonis

Post by Kaldonis » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:35 pm

DigitalOSH wrote:Also, everyone who PAYS to have a chance to vote, MUST have a chance to vote.
Yeah, their chance to vote was at the meeting and they missed it. =)

Anyways, I get that you just want everyone's opinion as we can't really afford to lose any members on this decision. I just hate the thought of us losing this place while we wait for a second vote on the issue.

drostar

Post by drostar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:12 pm

I am a paying member but cannot vote. My vote is "yes".

DigitalOSH

Post by DigitalOSH » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Kaldonis: Ryan and Bergo are starting talks with the owner already

TurmRIC

Post by TurmRIC » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm also for some reason unable to vote, and am a paying member. My vote would be yes.