Halloween Haunted House

Anything that doesn't fit in the categories below or spans a few of them
oddleah

Halloween Haunted House

Post by oddleah » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:13 pm

I have a lead on a great location for the Haunted House. The White Buffalo Youth Lodge has a massive open basement, and a wood shop on site. They do a haunted house too, which is supposedly pretty lame, but they may have props we could work with. My dad knows some of the directors at the Buff, so if the group thinks the location is OK, I can get in contact with them!

oddleah

Re: Halloween Haunted House

Post by oddleah » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi all! I contacted the Council for the student-run health clinic (SWITCH) that I volunteer at, and they are willing to partner with us to work on doing a Haunted House. I will be contacting the White Buffalo Youth Lodge to find out if they would like to be a part of it and to see if they would let us use their basement. I have a couple vague ideas as to design, but please feel free to post ideas! I am also going to let SWITCH know that ideas are welcome from the students. SWITCH will also help to coordinate with the student volunteers. I hope everyone can contribute a little, as I start school in less than a week and my life is going to get busy!

Leah

FingerTech

Post by FingerTech » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:14 pm

As may be apparent, I've asked Leah to take the reigns on this project. She has some 'ins' and has already begun coordinating things with the different groups. Can we get a virtual 'hands up' of who would like to lend their skills to the Haunted House? At the very least this will be great promotion for TechWorks (I'm hoping we get some media coverage, especially for bringing something to the inner-city kids), and if things go in our favor it could be a good fundraising opportunity. So who's in?

thesaxmachine

Post by thesaxmachine » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:37 pm

I'm in for building cool shit.

Bergo

Post by Bergo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:44 am

I'm in for buying half price halloween candy on November 1st! (and making some haunted house stuff too)