Date(s) - 2017-04-29
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This four hour workshop will take the participant with no experience with electronics and will teach the basics of voltage, current, and resistance. You will learn to build basic circuits and will calculate and take measurements on those circuits to confirm your calculations.
You will learn:
- about resistors, diodes, LEDs, capacitors, BJTs and FETs
- to apply Ohm’s law to series and parallel resistor circuits
- how a voltage divider works
- how to properly size a current limiting resistor for an LED (and why)
- how to configure a transistor to switch a higher current
Everything you need will be provided and you will go home with a workbook, a solderless breadboard, a digital multimeter, batteries, wires, and a variety of components you can use to continue experimenting at home. (Over $35 value.) Bring your own calculator if you’re not quick at long division in your head.
There is no age requirements for this course but it will involve a fair bit of simple math. Before taking this course, you should be able to solve A=B/C for any value given the other two values.
The cost of this workshop is $52.50.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Sign up by purchasing a ticket through our store: https://sktechworks.ca/product/workshop-efz-20170429/