Our First Meeting

Discuss the location and times of further meetings, and talk about things that were or should be brought up at meetings
DigitalOSH

Our First Meeting

Post by DigitalOSH » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:51 am

So, now that our first meeting has been set, what do you guys think are the first things we need to discuss as a group?

lukano

Re: Our First Meeting

Post by lukano » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:49 pm

I think the charter can come later, first thing in my opinion being ;

- ideas for individual or small-group projects to get people rolling.
- ideas for larger group projects to bring the group together.
- have people show off a few random ideas, in-progress or completed projects, etc. Get people interested and engaged.
- discuss potential locational ideas for a 24/7 location.
- and with the above, discuss maximum ideal membership costs for members in order to get an idea of budgetary restraints.

DigitalOSH

Post by DigitalOSH » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Good call! I'm a little wary to get projects going before we work on the space itself (passion for projects tends to go out the window quickly) but there's no harm in trying to get some interest in projects flying around :)

Definitely on board with location-scoping and membership fees.

lukano

Post by lukano » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:18 am

er sorry about that, I meant to qualify that as 'show off existing, and toss ideas around for new' but not actually engage in new ones as of yet. I totally agree, and we'll end up like the monthly-meetings of the various linux-user-groups around the province :P

The idea being to get people excited about the possibilities and prospects, in order to get them to engage with and solidify the meat and gristle aspects of the group. Get the boring stuff out of the way now, move on to the fun stuff the next meeting, but do so by teasing and enticing with the fun and interesting stuff that is to come.

edit - ps, I'm doing my absolute best to make sure I can attend the first general meeting on Tuesday. I can't promise anything yet, as it all depends on my wife's work schedule and whom if anyone can take care of my kid ; but I desperately want to be there for the first go-around.
Last edited by lukano on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

lukano

Post by lukano » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:31 am

Oh we should also decide upon (be it at the meeting, or prior to) the IRC channel we'll stick with. A handful (and that's like 4-5 people at best, two or three of whom co-seat with #protospace at that) of us have been idling in #saskhackspace - but I'm thinking #sktechworks or a variant of may be a better long term choice.

lukano

Post by lukano » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:46 am

Did anyone think to take a synopsis or meeting-minutes for last night, for those of us unable to attend?

DigitalOSH

Post by DigitalOSH » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:42 am

Yes, partial minutes were taken. I'll post them up, but they are pretty incomplete. My bad for not asking for them to be taken at the start.